Discontinuing Mazda RX-8 Accessport
The Mazda RX-8 Accessport is nearing the end of it’s support cycle at COBB Tuning. The MAZ-001 Accessport can has only been available for purchase through MazdaManiac and will be available in the same manner until they are sold out. As of February 2017, no additional MAZ-001 V2 Accessports will be built. These Version 2 Accessports support the North American AT, 4-port and 6-port models, MT 6-port models, 2004 – 2008; as well as European versions, both high (6-port) and low (4-port) power, 5 and 6 speed manual transmissions, 2004 – 2008; 2005 and up Australian high power (6-port) and 2003/2004 high power (6-port) Japanese Domestic models with manual transmissions.
More information can be found on MazdaManiac’s product page: http://www.mazdamaniac.com/accessport/rx8/rx8_accessport.html
Acquiring RX-8 Accesstuner Race
Accesstuner Race for the RX-8 can be acquired through the same channels as the current Mazda Accesstuner product outlined below. It will be available thru August 2018 before being discontinued altogether.
To get the process started, go to the Mazdaspeed Accesstuner page and click the GET ACCESSTUNER button as seen below.
COBB Tuning has partnered with EFI University to provide customers sought-after Accesstuner training. This training and subsequent testing is required to gain access to the Accesstuner software.
Below are the steps to get your copy of Accesstuner:
- Provide and confirm the REQUIRED details including your first/last name, email address, Accessport serial #, and Accesstuner supported vehicle.
- When details are confirmed, customers will be passed to EFI University checkout for the relative platform course (i.e. Mazdaspeed).
- Once checkout is complete, EFI University will provide you with the Accesstuner training course.
- Once the Accesstuner course is complete, Accesstuner testing will be administered and must be passed prior to gaining access to Accesstuner software.
- When you successfully pass the Accesstuner training test, you will receive an email with a link to your copy of Accesstuner.
After agreeing to the information, click on the blue button at the bottom of the pop-up window. Users will then see the following screen which must be filled out correctly in order for the Accesstuner software version to be compatible with their vehicle.
BE SURE TO FILL OUT THIS SECTION ACCURATELY!
Accesstuner training with EFI University is approximately 2 hours and 45 minutes of video based training. There are quizzes following each topic and the total testing portion of the training course can be completed in approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes. Students can take the training at their own pace, but should expect a total commitment of just over 4 hours.