Job Listings For Cobb Austin TX
About COBB Tuning
COBB Tuning is the industry leader in complete tuning solutions for enthusiast performance vehicles. Founded in 1999 by Trey Cobb in Rockwall, TX, COBB Tuning is now headquartered in Austin, TX. We are leaders in the performance tuning marketplace and are focused on delivering integrated and staged performance packages that combine custom ECU and TCU tuning software that is delivered by DIY hardware device and hard part packages that are uniquely designed for each vehicle group we support. We have created ecosystem of custom software, and design/manufacture hard parts (exhaust systems, intakes, etc.) to make our customers have a huge grin on their face every time they press the gas pedal. COBB Tuning’s strong direct to consumer relationship combined with over 1000 dealers worldwide is leading to strong growth for the company and in employee career paths.
COBB prides itself in having a creative, professional, employee-focused work environment. Benefits package includes
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- Retirement plan with company matched contributions
- Paid holiday and personal time
- Gym Membership Subsidy
What COBB Needs
COBB Tuning is looking for an Automotive Technician to join the team. As an Automotive Technician, you will work with a team of enthusiastic engineers who are passionate about producing high quality products that customers enjoy. You will take part in fleet maintenance and provide proper vehicle setup for R&D activities based on the team’s needs. You will also participate in all aspects of the product development cycle: concept, design, development, implementation, support, and evolution of our products.
A Day in the Life
- Keep shop vehicles maintained and document maintenance
- Provide setup support on our fleet vehicles with proper installation of test products for R&D purposes.
- Test drive vehicles to confirm correct setups.
- Diagnose vehicle issues (i.e. CELs, rattles, vibrations, etc)
- Participate in new design product effort along with fellow Mechanical Engineers and R&D Calibrators. These tasks would include:
- Assist with creating and maintaining product installation instructions.
- Test fitting of future products and provide fitment feedback
- Perform vehicle set up in accordance to emissions test requirements.
- Stay up to date on current industry best practices in automotive repair
- May need to perform minor fabrication work
- Maintain a clean work area and performs work in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments.
More About You
- You have at least 2 years of professional experience as a technician in an automotive repair shop (dealership or independent), or have graduated from a Automotive Technology Program.
- You show an aptitude for new technologies and processes.
- You work well in a highly collaborative team environment.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You are self motivated with a strong desire to learn.
- You can meet deadlines on individual tasks.
- Ability to lift and move up to 50 lbs.
- Basic MS Office or Google Docs/Sheets knowledge; computer software, internet proficiency, and general mathematic skills
- You are happy taking ownership of issues and working towards completion.
- You have a valid driver’s license and have good driving record.
- You are eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
Preferred but not required
- You are an ASE Automotive Master Technician.
- L1 and/or L2 Certification a plus.
- You have fabrication and/or welding experiences.
- You know how to operate equipment used for vehicle diagnostic purposes.
- You have experience with US emissions standards, regulations, and test procedures.
- You have a desire to grow your career in the direction of design and fabrication of performance parts.
Return To Careers