Job Listings For Cobb Austin TX
SUMMARY: An entry to mid level reverse engineering position. Exercise knowledge in reverse engineering skills ranging from processor, software binary and security vulnerability analysis to programming in various languages, and to experience working independently with general supervision. Be a part of the team that leads the automotive aftermarket in understanding factory engine management systems.
Applicable candidates must have the following:
- Ability to break down very large, complex problems into manageable tasks
- Strong problem-solving and pattern recognition skills
- Ability to understand 3rd party documentation – chip, protocol, and standardized specifications
- Read/write assembly code
- Ability to effectively communicate complex, technical findings through documentation
- Ability to write code/scripts as validation, automation, etc.
- Ability to gather requirements from various sources, including end customers
- Creativity in solving complex problems using innovative approaches with limited resources
- Ability to maintain focus and direction with ambiguous requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) or Master’s Degree (M.S.) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- Proficient in one or more Object Oriented programming language such as C++
- Show an aptitude for acquiring new skills, such as new hardware/firmware programming languages, technology trends, or product/component feature areas
- Development experience in Windows and/or Linux Operating Systems
- Hands-on experience with security vulnerability techniques, encryption, and public key algorithms
- Experience with embedded debugging tools – JTAG, In circuit emulator, oscilloscopes, etc.
- Knowledge of communications protocols – CAN-bus, RS-232, SPI, etc.
- Hands-on experience with any disassembly tool such as IDA Pro
- Proficiency in written and verbal communication skills
- In-depth understanding and hands-on experience with software development lifecycle
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to learn
- Ability to meet deadlines on individual tasks
- Recommended qualifications:
- Knowledge of COBB products
- Understand automotive engine control and tuning
- Experience working directly with customers
- Industry or amateur level experience with microcontroller/firmware programming
- Good understanding of software testing procedures and criteria
Compensation and title will depend on applicable experience.
LOCATION: AUSTIN, TX
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, COBB is an enthusiast-driven automotive performance and technology company dedicated to providing the world’s best vehicle tuning solutions to owners of turbocharged performance vehicles. COBB currently supports small displacement, forced induction vehicles in Subaru, Mazda, Nissan, BMW, Porsche, Ford, Volkswagen, and Mitsubishi platforms. COBB prides itself on having a creative, professional, employee-focused work environment. Benefits package includes
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- Simple IRA retirement plan with company-matched contributions
- Paid holiday and personal time
- Gym membership subsidy