Job Listings For Cobb Austin TX
- Medical (PAID BY COMPANY)/Dental/Vision insurance
- 401K retirement plan (matching) with company-matched contributions
- Paid holiday and personal time
- Gym membership subsidy
- HSA/FSA Options
MORE ABOUT THE POSITION:
As a Receiving & Quality Inspector, you are a critical component in our value chain that helps receive, inspect, organize, and/or re-work material inventory so our Production Team can build assemblies for customer orders. You may be assisting with production planning, material handling, and unloading trucks or containers as they come in. You are a critical inspection point of material quality to ensure that our customers are receiving new, undamaged products. We want all of our customers to get exactly what they ordered, shipped as they requested, so we can continue to dazzle our customers.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE OF WORK INCLUDE:
Receiving & Quality Inspector:
- You will receive, inspect, and organize materials (including hand-layed carbon fiber, bent/welded aluminum & stainless steel tubing, machined parts, and parts annodized, powder-coated, or otherwise finished with a specfic coating) on a daily basis through our ERP system (NetSuite). This includes using white papers, engineering drawings, and digital images as references for the inspection process.
- You will use measurement devices including micrometers, calipers, gauge pins, and/or go-no go gauges as well as detailed visual inspections to determine if a product meets our engineering specifications.
- You will determine if some failed products can pass the inspection process through some re-work and refinishing process that we are capable of completing in-house.
- You will help determine the root cause of various issues and document/communicate these concerns with our suppliers to help eliminate these issues from occuring again.
- You will communicate and work with suppliers and our Procurement & Accounting Teams through a ticket tracking system to resolve various issues that include being shipped Incorrect Quantities, Incorrect Items, Quality Failures, Shipping Damage, etc.
- You will be responsible for handling material and moving materials to other areas within the warehouse. This may include replenishing stock where you move inventory from overstock areas down to the home bins for picking.
- You will participate in 5S planning, implementation, and review processes in order to keep your workstations clean and ready for the next incoming shift.
- You will ensure the warehouse areas are accessible and safe for employees, customers, and traffic.
- You will sweep, dust, and mop (if necessary), and keep the Receiving & Quality workstations orderly at all times.
- You will always wear the proper safety equipment.
- You may help complete cycle counts (and associated adjustments) in our ERP system, as well as help Identify and resolve discrepancies in inventory.
- You will mark products with identifying information using appropriate Kanban method, as well as maintain Kanban indicators on all inventory.
- You will notify the Procurement Team when any product is low (Kanban levels).
- You will assist with consolidating current inventory when necessary.
- You will help maintain a “nothing on the floor” policy.
- You will work with other team members to understand and continuously improve key performance metrics for the department.
- You will work with our Procurement Team to ensure that we are providing our suppliers with necessary feedback on packaging quality to help determine and permanently resolve the root cause of any shipment issues.
MORE ABOUT YOU:
- You graduated high school or have a certificate equivalent to a high school degree.
- You are able to lift 60 lbs and able to operate stand-up reach truck and/or standard forklift (having a current forklift certification is a plus).
- You have a phenomenal attention to detail that helps you provide effective feedback to our suppliers on their packaging quality.
- You are willing to work some Saturdays as needed and willing to work a flexible schedule that may include some overtime during our busy seasons.
- You will be moving often, but can stand for periods of time while inspecting and organizing product. You will operate carts, hand trucks, and other moving equipment to move large quantities of product.
- You work well in a highly collaborative team environment and you are capable of communicating well with the ability to distill information into important details.
- You take pride in your work. COBB Tuning makes high-quality products and we always want to exceed customer expectations.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You are eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
- You are self-motivated with a strong desire to learn.
- You can meet deadlines on individual tasks.
PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- You have experience with using office collaboration software such as GoogleDocs and are competent with MS Office suites.
- You are experienced with Trello, JIRA, and/or Confluence (Atlassian-based software) for issue tracking and project management.
- You have some exposure to automobile engine operation and aftermarket performance hardware operation.
- You have experience with NetSuite ERP system.
- You have experience with a scanner system.
- You have used COBB products before.
- Owning a cool car or truck does not hurt.
COMPENSATION RANGES BETWEEN $16-21/HOUR.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All unvaccinated employees are currently required to wear masks at all times.