Job Listings For Cobb Austin TX
The COBB Tuning Software Team operates in Agile/SCRUM and Kanban development environments. We store our code across many different repositories. We work concurrently with different SCMs. We have software engineering responsibilities ranging from Windows driver and Linux kernel module development to web service development, but most of our work is in C++.
Benefits package includes:
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- 401k retirement plan with company-matched contributions
- Paid holiday and personal time
- Gym membership subsidy
- Collaborate with engineers through the entire software development lifecycle to tackle complex engineering problems.
- Design and implement whatever features, products, and tools are needed.
- Meet company and team goals based on priorities and schedule for each project.
- Evangelize best practices in software development and testing.
- Help our Customer Service and QA teams to triage bugs.
- Collaborate with QA and Project Management teams to ensure seamless product releases.
- Serve as a reference to other team members for product or component functionality, standard routines, development framework, and debugging practices.
- Share knowledge and experience with the team.
MORE ABOUT YOU:
- You have a BS or MS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- You have up to 3 years of professional software development experience.
- You can derive solutions using Object Oriented Design and are proficient with at least one C-based language (e.g. C, C++, C#, Java)
- You have a working understanding of software testing methodologies, procedures, and criteria.
- You demonstrate good software engineering practices.
- You work well in a highly collaborative team environment.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You are self-motivated with a strong desire to learn.
- You love problem-solving and are excited about new challenges.
- You know when to ask for help.
- You are eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- You have experience debugging outside of conventional IDEs and debuggers
- You have used COBB products before.
- You have some exposure to automobile engine operation and tuning fundamentals.
COMPENSATION DEPENDS ON APPLICABLE EXPERIENCE.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.