Job Listings For Cobb Austin TX
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, COBB is an enthusiast-driven automotive performance and technology company dedicated to providing the world’s best vehicle tuning solutions to owners of turbocharged performance vehicles. COBB currently supports small displacement, forced induction vehicles in Subaru, Mazda, Nissan, BMW, Porsche, Ford, Volkswagen, and Mitsubishi platforms. COBB prides itself on having a creative, professional, employee-focused work environment. Benefits package includes:
- Medical (PAID BY COMPANY)/Dental/Vision insurance
- 401K retirement plan (matching) with company-matched contributions
- Paid holiday and personal time
- Gym membership subsidy
- HSA/FSA Options
MORE ABOUT THE POSITION:
As a Warehouse Production Assistant, you are the final person in our value chain that helps produce, kit, and/or package finished goods inventory so our Fulfillment Team can ship customer orders. You may be assisting with production planning, material handling, and unloading trucks or containers as they come in. You will need to review the final inspection of material quality to ensure that our customers are receiving new, undamaged products. We want all of our customers to get exactly what they ordered, shipped as they requested, so we can continue to dazzle our customers.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE OF WORK INCLUDE:
- We are hiring for our late shift, which operates from 11AM to 8PM, Monday through Thursday, and 9AM to 6PM on Fridays. The early shift is 7AM to 4PM, Monday through Friday.
- You will collect and organize materials for daily builds of our product using Work Orders distributed from our ERP system (NetSuite). You will build various automotive performance products and kit them into finished good boxes. This includes placing product on pallets or shelves, racks, or relocating orders to a holding area or near the Fulfillment Team.
- You will be responsible for handling material and moving materials to other areas within the warehouse. This may include replenishing stock where you move inventory from overstock areas down to the home bins for picking.
- You will ensure the warehouse areas are accessible and safe for employees, customers, and traffic.
- You will sweep, dust, and mop (if necessary), and keep the warehouse workstations orderly at all times.
- You will always wear the proper safety equipment.
- You may help complete cycle counts (and associated adjustments) in our ERP system, as well as help Identify and resolve discrepancies in inventory.
- You will mark products with identifying information using appropriate Kanban method, as well as maintain Kanban indicators on all inventory.
- You will notify the Procurement Team when any product is low (Kanban levels).
- You will assist the Receiving & Quality Team with consolidating current inventory when necessary.
- You will help maintain a “nothing on the floor” policy.
- You will work with other team members to understand and continuously improve key performance metrics for the department.
- You will participate in 5S planning, implementation, and review processes in order to keep your workstations clean and ready for the next incoming shift.
- You will work with our Procurement Team to ensure that we are providing our suppliers with necessary feedback on packaging quality to help determine and permanently resolve the root cause of any shipment issues.
- You may help pick, pack, and ship for dealer and customer orders.
MORE ABOUT YOU:
- You graduated high school or have a certificate equivalent to a high school degree.
- You are able to lift 60 lbs and able to operate stand-up and/or standard forklift (having a current forklift certification is a plus).
- You are willing to work some Saturdays as needed and willing to work a flexible schedule that may include some overtime during our busy seasons.
- You will be moving often, but can stand for periods of time while building or kitting product. You will operate carts, hand trucks, and other moving equipment to move large quantities of product.
- You work well in a highly collaborative team environment and you are capable of communicating well with the ability to distill information into important details.
- You have a phenomenal attention to detail that helps you provide effective feedback to our suppliers on their packaging quality.
- You take pride in your work. COBB Tuning makes high-quality products and we always want to exceed customer expectations.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You are eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
- You are self-motivated with a strong desire to learn.
- You can meet deadlines on individual tasks.
PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- You have experience with using office collaboration software such as GoogleDocs and are competent with MS Office suites.
- You have some exposure to automobile engine operation and aftermarket performance hardware operation.
- You are experienced with UPS systems and shipping capabilities.
- You have experience with NetSuite ERP system.
- You have experience with a scanner system.
- You have used COBB products before.
- Owning a cool car or truck does not hurt.
COMPENSATION RANGES BETWEEN $13-15/HOUR.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13.00 – $15.00 per hour
All employees are currently required to wear masks at all times.