If it ain’t broke…..make it better…that’s how that works, right?
The first edition of the COBB Ford Focus shift plate worked well and didn’t have any major problems, but there was room for improvement. Specifically in the installation and adjustment process. The updated shift plate is better looking, more adjustable, and easier to install.
Key Features and Updates
- Easier Install
- Threaded lower plate and extended hex bolts equal no more blindly fumbling with screws on the underside of the unit.
- No more pin removal.
- Less total hardware.
- Extra Adjustment – A 20% throw reduction setting was added along with the previous 30% and 40% options.
- Visual indicators of throw reduction percentage so you don’t have to remember which setting corresponds to each percentage.
- New Shift Cable Bushings – Reduce slop by improving shifting compliance while increasing positive shift feel.
- Set screw ensures a snug fit around the OEM shift weight.