We are currently investigating an issue concerning AccessTUNER users with AP-MAZ-002 AccessPORTs (2007-2011 MAZDASPEED3 and 2006-2007 MAZDASPEED6). The AP can become unresponsive after consecutive pass-through flashes which could potentially lead to failed flashes. If the AccessPORT does not detect the ECU in recovery mode, customers will be required to send the ECU and AccessPORT in for service. Please see a summary of the issue below, and if you have any questions or concerns, please contact Customer Support at 866-922-3059.
- Affects: AP-MAZ-002 AccessPORTs tuned with AccessTUNER Race or AccessTUNER Pro.
- Issue: AccessPORT becomes un-responsive. Incomplete flashes can cause ECU to go in to recovery mode.
- Cause: AccessPORT slows down with consecutive pass-through flashes.
- Work Around: Unplug the AccessPORT from the computer and the vehicle to power down after each pass-though flash.
- Resolution: The issue is currently being investigated and we are improving recovery detection and pass-through capabilities. This issue will be resolved in an upcoming firmware release.