COBB Tuning is excited to announce another first in MAZDASPEED3 and MAZDASPEED6 custom tuning; new DI Fueling and Injector Controls. We have just released an AccessTUNER software update with three new beta Injector Controls exposed. These three new tables, in combination, can increase the window for DI fuel delivery, scale fuel injector flow calculations, and accommodate the specific gravity of different fuel types. This opens the door to proper tuning for E85, race gas and big turbo builds that require precise, high-volume fuel control. These developments have allowed the world’s first 700+whp MAZDASPEED3 using the AccessPORT as the engine management solution! Read on to learn more about this exciting development and how COBB Tuning is keeping the AccessPORT and AccessTUNER at the forefront of MAZDASPEED tuning capabilities.
New Table Descriptions
- Injector Latency Multiplier (BETA): Decreasing this value will move the injector opening point to earlier in the engine cycle, increasing fuel delivery (this will cause Injector Duty Cycle [IDC%] to decrease). Increasing this value will move the injector opening period to later in the engine cycle, shortening the period for fuel delivery (this will cause IDC% to increase). Caution should be exercised when decreasing this value as it can be adjusted enough to allow fuel injection to begin as early as the exhaust stroke, through the intake and compression strokes, which may increase wetting of the cylinder walls if the intake charge has not started its entry into the cylinder.
- Injector Scalar (BETA): This control allows a "pump gas" calibrated MAF curve to remain the same when using alternative fuels like E85. Previously, the only way to compensate for these types of fuels was to skew the MAF sensor to achieve desired fueling. The Injector Scalar, in conjunction with the Specific Fuel Gravity setting, allows accurate representation of airflow and fueling requirements. Increasing this value will increase fuel delivery by making the ECU think the injector size is smaller. Decreasing this value will decrease fuel delivery by making the ECU think the injector size is larger. This control will become more prominent once aftermarket fuel injectors become available for this platform.
- Specific Fuel Gravity (BETA): This table allows the entry of the specific gravity of different fuel types and fuel mixes to be entered to allow the ECU to properly calculate fuel delivery requirements. For example, gasoline is around 0.74, E85 and Methanol (99.9%) are around 0.80 and C16 is around 0.70.
- 2007-2012 MAZDASPEED3
- 2006-2007 MAZDASPEED6
Simply update AccessTUNER to the latest Beta Software release by following these instructions:
- Open the AccessTUNER software on your computer.
- Click on Help in the menu bar.
- Select Updates.
- Select Check For Updates.
- Check the “Beta Software” box.
- Select Get Updates.
- Verify version number 126.96.36.199-3512
If your software does not have an Updates option under the Help menu item, it means your software version is out of date and does not have the Auto-Update feature. To acquire an updated version of AccessTUNER for your vehicle, visit the AccessTUNER Race Request Page, fill the form out in its entirety and click submit. You will receive an email with a download link to your copy of AccessTUNER Race. If you do not see an email in your inbox within an hour, be sure to check your Junk Mail or Spam folders for redirected mail.
AccessPORT Firmware Requirements
Please use firmware version 188.8.131.52-2992 or greater. To update, please see our Step-By-Step Firmware Update Tutorial.
If you have any questions regarding the MAZDASPEED3/6 AccessPORT, AccessTUNER software, or any other COBB Tuning products, please call our Customer Support team at 866-922-3059, or email us at email@example.com.